Friday, April 8, 2011

Tam Ky

Today we took a trip out to Tam Ky the placement that Mark and I were ment to go to..
It was an Amazing place and the facilities were great.. The Children had beds and clean clothes, Play areas, Also plenty of food.. The children looked healthy and happy.. which is just so good to see that the government CAN have this kind of facility and the children can be healthy..
My question now is however... Why not Da Nang ??
Tam Ky doesn't care or house for many children with disabilities so is this why..??
I know that much of the thing the children have are donations that are from volunteers and fundraisers however it is hard to see that one place all these beautiful children can have nothing and the next have everything.. But nothing i can do.. One of the volunteers that is working here now has a huge heart and donated money for a new bath room at the Red cross home.. so i guess over time i hope that Da Nang will be getting the same treatment that Tam Ky is receiving.. All i can do is hope...
The Placement coordinators are great... such great lively people and such big hearts.. I am really happy to see some love and care going to children.. It is a great feeling... Small steps i see are happening..

On another note... yesterday... another great day I worked at Red cross house teaching my basic English class... They are so great I have about 10 in my class some times more sometimes less.. (Mum had donated books and pencils to them) There are a few at this house that are dumb and so my class is teaches me as much as I teach them yesterday we did body parts and we made our own faces putting eye, ears, noses , mouth in right places.. We had a great time and ass we did this I was getting show the sign language for my Eyes, ears, nose, mouth... Everyday I get so much out of what I am doing..
Also after they play soccer normally i sit this one out...!!! it is played on broken concrete ground with no shoes!! however I got roped into it... Teacher Teacher Please play... lol I thought it would be a fun game and they might take it easy on me!!! haha no I got slaughtered!!! and have now been limping around all day... However they loved beating "teacher" and although they were laughing at me it was good to see them so happy...

Normally on a Thursday night I teach English at social to the Children that live there that are able, instead because they have had exam we thought we would take them out.. we went to a arcade they loved it games and ice-cream they had so much fun I have never seem them so happy it was great!!! by the end of the day I was so ready for bed however...

I think I say this in every blog I have written however say it again..... I know that the childrens situation or living conditions can't change in the 5 weeks I will be working here, but the smiles and hugs and all the love I am getting from these kids have lifted my heart so much that I try not to see what I see, so I hope with all the love that Mark and I have be giving these kids that maybe it will also lifts their heart just as much...

Thanks again for all the support.. hope all is well back home and have a great weekend..
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment