Friday, April 29, 2011

Chapter 1 Ending

So yesterday was my last day working with the children...
It was extremely emotional and saying goodbye was heart breaking.. (after plenty of beers last night) I am trying to look at all the amazing things i have gained and what i hope the children also have gained..
Recalling my first week was just as hard and thinking to myself all the time can i do this am i strong enough but it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with the children/ souls i worked with... They gave me my strength everyday!!

Social which i have talked about abit is the goverment run home for homeless men, war widows, mentaly unstable adults, orphan children and children with disablities... This home is where i felt the most pain, the children are getting abused by homeless men and the unstable adults, many babies and pregnancies have are the result. The girls with disablities i could not even begin to image how traumatic this situation is.... Coming in and see this happen most days and now leaving and feeling like i can't change this situation is just ohh dont have words...
However i did voice how i felt about this issue with the boss here, Mr Viet. I told him that i felt that this is the main problem within this home i feel that once this is gone the children will be able to function and live alot happier. Mr Viet is very aware of this issue and it is something he tells me he has been trying to change for quite sometime but like everywhere there is red tape to get through... He tells me that he is looking in to moving the social to a place where the homes for the mens, women and children are all secure and seperate...
I have hope that this problem is being taken care of and although it may take a while to get through the red tape and get it up and running i have hope that in the future these children will be safe from harm...

The children even know they go through horrific things, they are amazing... Ha is this amazing boy how has a few mental issue (undiagnosed) he just is beautiful only know hello and goodbye in english so this is all he says... screaming at you as you get out of the bus waiting to shake your hand HELLO..... HELLO... GOODBYE... GOODBYE...we have taught him "thank-you" and "how are you".!! Ha is amaizng with the other children always making sure they are ok, feeding the ones that can't feed themself fruit first, walking the babies around. He also has a best friend Tam who had exteme phsyical disabilities and spends his days on a hospital bed with wheels.. Ha wheels him around they talk to each other, Ha make sure he is feed, Helps lift him when he needs it is so great to see that relationships like that still happen in places like social...
The children at social have taught me so much and made me look at my own life and relationships... I now treasure my amazing friends who have giving me support through this wish the others who didn't the best in their life, and hope they have as much happieness. The love i have for my family has grown so much i can not begin to explain how grateful i am to have them behind me in my life.. I see them all in a different light and hold them closer to my heart..
The children, friends, fellow volunteers and what i now call my Vietnamese family will never leave my heart.

The other placements that i have worked at are Red Cross this is where we can change the living conditions and we have!!! together with the amazing support from everyone back home, here and gvn, the bathroom and soccerfield are well on the way to making the now and the future for the red cross children alittle bit more comfortable.... I know i have said thank-you like a million times but what we have done for these children is amazing and i hope to come back very soon in the near future to get my arse kick in soccer on the new field!!!!!

Also My kindy class that i used to dread first thing monday morning 30 2 year old screaming and jumping all over you, eating the puzzels, throwing books at your head and snot wipes of you shoulders!!! however you still can't walk past them with out hugging them and laughing with them... Last week i had lost my voice and had a chest infection i still went to my kindy class dreading it and trying to sing the hocky pocky!!!! after we got through one round of hocky pocky one of the girls pilled a chair in the midle of the room and made me sit down all the children sat around me and one at a time came up and sang to me in Vietnamese and gave me a hug after each song... Ohh i just loved it and it really sums up the Vietnamese culture, they are always trying to make you feel better and more welcome they have so much love to give you and their hearts are huge...

One more huge thing... Mark who has been just amazing and with out him here there would of been somedays that i just couldnt of done it.. his out look on life is so upbeat and happy he turns everything into a laugh the kind of personalitly you need here.. so an huge big thank-you to him for everything and putting up with the my melt downs!!!! haha there was a few!!! just a few!!!

Ok so now i have just wasted half your day making you read so much i will finish up... however know that this is not my last blog page!!! we have photos of our time and i wish to return about end of may to see the soccerfield.. also i have asked the volunteers and Mr P and Mr T to send me updates all the time and i will continue to let you know about all of this... I will be also keep a very close eye and following up on our little dude Viet, so sorry to say but thins is not the end of me!!!! haha
I hope you all have a great weekend and so much love to all that have supported me through past 6 weeks!!

Love Bubble xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment