Thursday, April 28, 2011

ohhh my days!!!

Ohhh today is definatly not one of my strong days at all...
Red cross my last class we did the world ... we had to draw our own world map... it was so much fun however russia and asia has a river through it and europe and uk are not joined.. america and south america has a ocean through it and there is s funny dog island next to south america!!! at the start of the lession i said this will be my last lession for a while and i promise to come back to Vietnam and i really enjoyed teaching you English..
They were asking so many question teacher why you go? teacher when you come back? teacher how far you home?
finding it so hard to answer any of these questions with out lossing my shit!! (ellie) I showed them my home on the world map and we continued the lession making the world... one of my beautiful boys only 16 drew a plane from Australia to Vietnam and wrote teacher on the plane... said teacher i see you again...
We were hoping to see the finished product of the soccer field however few thing have been delayed (as in all construction). We do have to move on the because the cost of paying to stay here is adding up.. but we have now made plans that May 25th (Pat's birthday) we will come back and play soccer on the new field!!! plenty of photos so you can all see where you hard work as gone!! Bathroom on the other hand has gone up so fast and maybe finished with in the week...

Also our last class today teaching social able children.. I had a joined class tonight, still only 7kids, took Mark's Class because Mark wanted to take Viet (little dude) to go see Charity another private run orphange that  he has gotten a sponser for.. Viet hasn't really taken to moving again so we are praying that if we slowing let him see what is better for him he will make the right choice. It is so hard though breaking up these 4 beautiful children (as i talked about last sunday we took them to the movies).
The class went really well we did body parts and had a few giggles.
At the end i had brought a few gifts for my kids i teach and and giving them stamps and letter so they can send me letters back home and let me know how they are going.. Thu told me that she promise to keep learning english and when i visit again she will be very smart at english...Said thank-you you make me very happy to learn english this month... (trying to hold my shit together) i told her she made me happy to teach english and i'll miss her..
It was heart braking i know that it has only been 5 weeks but you give these children all of yourself and they in return give you so much love and you see the beautiful souls they are.. I can't explain how much this last 5 weeks has given me and i hope i have given these children the same.
When say good bye to my little Viet he didn't say anything he just gave me a hug and together there was a few tears... This little boy has been through so much and at 13 he is trying to take on the world..
I just want to share with you something Mark had written about this beautiful boy.

"I have been with the GVN program now for 3 weeks. In this time I attend classes at “social” and taught English to the advanced speaking class. In this class is little Viet.

 From the first moment I met him I knew he was a special boy, little in size but with an incredibly big heart. His English communication improves week in week out and when he isn’t wearing his heart on his shoulder you can see this boy is bright and willing to learn. 

This afternoon we sat down and he told me his story as I being the one receiving this time wore my heart on my shoulder. Viet has been at the Social support complex for 1 year and 9 months. He was born on the 8 of August 1997 and currently attends the local school and is in grade 7. Before being taken to Social he was living with his elderly grandmother however her age and condition was deteriorating and she was therefore unabke to take further full time care of her grandson so he was then passed on to his uncle who lives close by. Un able to care for Viet with a minimal wage he was then at last resort taken to social. When Viet was 7 he’s mother died in a traffic accident. His father then remarried however 5 years later also passed away in a construction site work related incident. He’s step mother lives in Ho Chi Min City (Saiygon) but has been out of contact with Viet ever since the passing of his father.

His voice is different to the Viet I play soccer with as he sits and tells the history of his short lived life. My next question and turning things more positive was his career aspirations. “I want to be an interpreter so I can travel and meet lots of people” he says. When he attends university he tells me he wants to be a doctor. His big heart is shining now.

Viet is all smiles when he is kicking the soccer ball or spending time with the other kids at social and sometimes you catch him sitting in his own world enjoying the shade from the big tree as he sits and reads his comic books.

I ask the final question this afternoon. The one I had been both avoiding and regretting to ask since we first met. “Do you enjoy living here”. With my heart and he’s both in the back of our throats he stern reply being “no, I want to go home”.  "

Mark and I have grown so much with this amazing little boy.. leaving him and knowing how hard his life has been and that we brought love into his life for couple of months but have we done enough is what we do ever enough.. But now leaving!! just dont feel i have the strength.. Asking every angel for help to get us through this moment....

Tomorrow is another day and i hope i can see little bit of light..... i know that i have done alot in my time here but just that personal battle of is it enough!!!!

Thank-you all so much 
Have a fun day tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment