Monday, April 18, 2011

Huge Changes!!!!!

so this last week has been huge...
Mark and I have been working on some big changes!!! the red cross home we work for have only got one bath room that is just not even in living order and the soccer field we play on is broken up concrete so we have just got the ok and huge happening thanks to some amazing people back home (Maya Gurry from Fresh PR) and my amazing family some big fundraising is going on and the bathroom is underway..
also this weekend back home is easter and although it is not celebrated here we are going to the red cross and having a working bee and clearing what is going to be the new soccer ground.. so spare a thought and send some strength (physical please!!!)
if you feel as if you can help this is the web link for donations http://www.gvnfoundation.org/gvn_changemakers/international_fundraisers/vietnam/redcross/
Every little bit helps so thank-you...

I really feel that it has just been huge uplift for me to know that i can make some change like this..
This week we have some new volunteers and one of the women (Fran) is so amazing and strong and today her first day she reminded me a little bit of me..
I forgot how scary and confronting that first day is every day still is but it get better and i just felt so naive and so silly to think that i was going to come here and it be all smiles and i do a bit of hard work and learn from it yeah.. But it is so much more than that and you can't explain how each day effects you and how you just don't ever feel you are strong enough to get through it and there is so much that you have to try and over look because it is just so horrific.. But now a month into it and this huge change is happening to red cross and the children today when we told them was so so thankful one of the boys held my hand and said thank-you and i could feel how huge that thank-you was... I know now that i can make a change and that this is something that children for years and years are going to be able to used. I have with the huge help from mark, family and friends made and change in these kids living standards... which is something on the first day that i never thought i was going to do while i was here...

I have grown and learnt so much over this time and i have so many people to thank for this.... so thank-you all from the bottom of my heart and the children's.... xxxxxxxxxx
I am truly the luckiest most grateful girl to be surround by so many beautiful souls... thank-you

No comments:

Post a Comment