Monday, March 28, 2011

day 2

Firstly sorry about the spelling... don't know how to turn off Vietnam spelling check...
so i can not believe i have only been here for two days this is huge... Although this is all very overwhelming i need to forget about how this is affecting me... I have spoken to a few people today about why the care the children are in is so bad.... And i think i need to get my head around the fact that this country is still in poverty and the money goes to the very very basic needs of accommodation and food... however food that gives nourishment is hard to get in this country.. so i do feel that my money and all the fundraising has gone to a good place however it is just not enough..
Mark and I have just been to the big shopping center here and brought things like nappies, formula, baby cereal ,
tooth brushes, wipes, soap, clothes, blankets... although most of these children are over 15 their bodies are so small and malnourished that they look as if they are 3 or 4 years of age..
I realise that i can not change the world however much i wish to.. I'm in a very different culture and i need to respect that all i can do is help for the time i am here and do what i can.. today i made the children smile and laugh meaning they forgot about  what is happening around for for a instant and that is all i can do..
i would love to thank you all for all the support and love i have gotten and know that this gets me through every day that bit better... xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment