Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hello from europe!!

Am sorry I have left it so long to write!!

Since I last wrote plenty has been happening... The last week in South East Asia was great Chang Mai is amazing and a place that everyone should see small little relaxed town, markets, great food and was a good ending to our crazy travels..
Mark and myself parted ways here and I could even begin to think about how travel will be with out him.
Through this journey I have had someone amazing with me to share every exprience, Mark Witt. So much I cant explain but will try... What someone goes through while volunteering is huge so many ups and downs and so many feelings all thrown in the one hour. I had someone there to support me through it. The feel of never feeling like you are strong enough to get through anything, Not strong enough to give these children what they need. But by having someone there who is feeling the same and helps you understand the situations in different eyes makes you get through it.
I was Lucky and blssed to share this time with Mark. I also had so much love a support from all my family and friends back home and other voluteers and the staff in the house were amazing aswell, now thought of as family.
I had such a hard time leaving and being in the "other" world, I felt my heart and my head was still there.
Mark had gone back and let me know what was going on sent me photos and told me about our kids, It helped so much but then also made me miss it so much.

I wanted to Thank everyone that supported Mark and myself with the fundraising for the new bathroom and soccer field... The bathroom looks fantasic and the children are getting great use out of it.. Also the soccer field is being put to use ALOT.. so I hear the children are on it every day!! We didnt quite raise enough to have it turfed however we had the filed cleared and level adn new soccer goals..

The Kids at red cross with new towels for their new bathroom..


 The older boys playing on the new soccer field.

I had hoped to return and play a game of soccer with the children by October however flights and money are not going my way I know that I will return it is just a matter of when..

So for now Europe is treating me well.. Paris was the first stop and I loved it only didnt spend enough time there only had a day after a plane delay and then headed straight to Roma.. Spent a week in Roma before i started work and caught up with some friends i hadnt seen in years and relaxed. Then on to Florence traveled with a good friend of mine Tatty!! first few days were just spent enjoying the company of my amazing friends and family here!! it is good to be back and I do feel like I comforts of home.
However the summer begun just as soon as I arrived so that ment WORK!!! lol but straight into it and enjoying it.. Learning italian language and cooking skills not so great and the language side but picking up the cooking!! lol...
So Mum and Dad arrive next week and I get some time off to show them around Italy and the boys are preparing a very large BBQ for them..
Unsure of plans for the next few months as yet but trying all options and I hope to return to my work as a volunteer soon..
Once again Thank-you all for the time and support you have given Mark, myself and all the children.
Untill next time..
Much love and thoughts

Bubble xx


The beautiful Florence by night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment